Southwark Primary School Local Governing Body
Local Governing Body, in conjunction with Trustees, are the strategic decision makers and vision setters for Southwark Primary. They are essential to ensuring that the best possible education is achieved and that school leaders are held to account regarding school performance.
Please see the attached document to find out a little more about our Governors. Governors may be contacted, primarily through the Chair Mr P. Milner. If you wish to communicate with the Governing Body you can do so in the following manner:
Email: email@example.com (Marked FAO of ‘Chair of Governing Body’)
Letter (sealed envelope): Addressed to ‘Chair of Governing Body’
The role of the governing body is to take a largely strategic role in the running of the school. This includes:
- Setting up a strategic framework for the school and helping to decide the school’s strategy for improvement
- Setting its aims, objectives and priorities.
- Agreeing policies and targets for achieving the objectives;
- Monitoring and reviewing aims, objectives and whether the policies, targets and priorities are being achieved
- Acting as a critical friend by asking questions and push for improvements as well as promoting the interests of the school and its pupils
- Ensure accountability by discussing and refining proposals while respecting the professional roles of the Head Teacher and other staff.
In its turn the governing body answers for its actions to parents and the wider local community for the schools overall performance. The governing body is not responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school.This is the responsibility of the Head Teacher.
For more information on the governing body, please click here