VERY IMPORTANT - APPLICATIONS FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS
The government has recently changed the date used for counting numbers of pupils eligible for free school meals for the purposes of working out extra funding due to schools. This is now based on the school census day on October 7th.
It’s therefore really important for our school that all pupils who meet the criteria have had their eligibility checked and confirmed before that date.
Even if your child is in Reception/Year 1 or Year 2 and therefore gets a free meal anyway, please do still apply if you think you meet the criteria outlined in this letter as this will generate pupil premium funding for your child and other extra funding into the school. We can use this money to improve the educational provision for your child.
IS MY CHILD ELIGABLE FOR THIS MONEY?
You must receive the following benefits:
· Income support
· Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
· Child Tax Credit, with no Working Tax Credit, with an income below £16,190
· Universal Credit
· Universal Credit and employed – take home pay must be no more than £616.67 per month
· Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, under section 95
YOUR CHILD IS NOT ELIGABLE FOR THIS MONEY IF YOU RECEIVE:
· Working Tax Credit, if so you are not entitled to free school meals no matter what your annual income is;
· Universal Credit and you or your partner you are living with are employed and your ‘take home pay’ is more than £616.67 a month
· Child Tax Credit with no Working Tax Credit, your annual income must be no more than £16,190 to receive free school meals.
PLEASE TALK TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE IF YOU MEET THIS CRITERIA AND WE CAN HELP YOU COMPLETE THE FORM IN SCHOOL.
We need you to do this before 24 September 2021 at the latest to give the Pupil Benefits Team time to process the applications before the Autumn Term school census day.